- I am 29 now and it is probably the most boring age to celebrate. Dat ice cream cake tho
- S/O to everyone who wished me well nonetheless. ♥
- I was absolutely spoiled this year, but the most life-changing gift I received was a huge promotion. I actually have benefits, a 401k, paid vacations… Like, if I die tomorrow Mark would be able to pay for my funeral because I actually have benefits set in place to help him. Things like that seem trivial to some but it means a lot when you’ve never had those things before. Not to mention the decent discounts I get just for being an employee. Work is work, sure, but I am being rewarded with more than a paycheck for a change–and a pretty impressive paycheck at that! Wowowowow, I am extremely grateful! Thank you, thank you, thank you! ♥♥♥
- Another epic gift I received was from my sister-from-another-mister Tiffa (LOL). Guys… she got me tickets to the Zelda Symphony! THANK YOU 5EVER TIFFA!!! I hope it is really dark and loud there so no one can see me crying the entire time. LOL. Tiffa is going with me too so I can’t wait to geek out about music with her like we’ve been doing for the past… what, 15 years? Maybe more? Wow! Much love to Tiffa. ♥♥♥
- I also got a bigger phone with 16x the memory and we are inseparable. Love you, boo. :*
- Well, as great as some things have been, I’ve also dealt with some difficult things. Mark and I lost someone very dear to us, and on top of that Mark also lost his grandmother… so it’s been tough. Really tough. All we can really do at this point is keep moving forward. There are so many things to celebrate, you know? Even when its tiny things like finding $5 in your wallet that you completely forgot about. LOL. I mean… comparing finding $5 to losing someone is obviously not a fair balance, so you really have to add up all the thousands of little, happy things that can happen within the span of a single day. That makes it all worthwhile, I believe.
✪ Art & Writing & Domain*✪
- Apparently, it is possible to be so inspired that it overwhelms you and you have no idea where to start.
- I am very pleased with the direction my story is going. The trick is to not drop it the moment I get stuck. Also, I need to stop going through with every single plot change that comes to mind. At this point if changing a part of the plot will undo weeks of storytelling then it is not worth it. I will just have to recycle it and use it in a sequel or different project. Actually, I am working on a list of strict rules when it comes to writing and drawing that I must abide by. If I break that rule… I don’t know. I might have to put $20 into savings or something. Yeah. Let’s do that shit.
- By the way, I really need to update my websites. *sigh* It’s been like two years. I need new layouts and updated info. I’ll get to it eventually, I guess. I would like to do more things with my domain and discuss it here in the future. Let us see how that goes, right?
✪ Anime & Manga ✪
- I finally got all of the Gunslinger Girl mangas. ♥
- I love JJBA: Diamond is Unbreakable so much. It makes Fridays even better.
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress had *so* much potential… then it kinda came to a point where I lost interest. I might try to finish it up this weekend.
- The new Berserk anime is nice so far. I am still getting used to the art style, but that is my only complaint.
- I am in manga hell. LOL. Berserk is getting steady updates now, I am all caught up on Attack on Titan, I started on I Am A Hero, and I am reading through all of the Magi manga since the anime stopped. …And I’ll probably be reading much more manga thanks to this app I found. So far all of the manga I’ve been reading are decent. Thankfully. I can only handle so many disappointments when it comes to my fandoms. I might touch on that later…
✪ Video Games ✪
- Well, the biggest thing to discuss gaming-wise is obviously that two month delay on Final Fantasy XV. Yeah… it hurts. LOL. It could have been 27 days away, but now it’s so far away that I don’t even feel like doing the math anymore. I also had to reschedule my vacation as a result. So… mildly inconvenient. I guess it works out in the end since taking a vacation later gives me more paid days off. I am just frustrated that I have to pretty much wait until the holidays to enjoy it. It seems so far away. I can’t blame them though. When you constantly have the internet it’s easy to forget that some people are not so fortunate. I give SE kudos for thinking of fans that may be getting excluded, and to also touch up on issues they found. Personally, I don’t give a shit about perfect graphics and over-the-top FPS or whatever, but I can appreciate it when the time comes. I guess we will just have to see.
- I can’t believe The Witcher 3 is over. I feel so empty. LOL. Anyway, the Blood and Wine DLC was amazing. I felt like Geralt got the send off that he deserved. He has been through a lot. And who better to go into semi-retirement with than Yennefer. She is a queen. I adore her. *.*
- Finally finished Journey, and it is as heartbreaking as everyone said it would be. S/O to the person who went through pretty much the entire game with me. I usually hate multiplayer games because most people I run into are colossal douchebags, but this person and I were just protecting each other and making each other fly and it was so sweet. Thank you. :’)
- That accursed yet adorable Mark did it again! He kept bugging me to play Neverwinter, I played Neverwinter, and now I am completely obsessed. I hope I get all of that out of my system before FFXV rolls around because it takes up a huge chunk of my free time these days. D:
- My other gaming activities have been mostly cellular. The games I’ve been playing include Mobius Final Fantasy, Sailor Moon Drops, Pokemon Go, FF Brave Exvius, and a few others. Occasionally I play some of the PS One RPGs I love on the Vita. That’s about it.
✪ Books & Graphic Novels*✪
- Oh geez… Mark introduced me to 2nd and Charles, and it was a terrible idea. I have too many books. The bookshelves are packed. Books are piled on books. This has to stop. I mean… I got some pretty good books (A Wizard of Earthsea, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Tales of the Greek Heroes, and a few others), but enough is enough. I have to start donating the books I’ve already read or the books that have been on my to-read list for way too long.
- I am so far behind in Saga. Just wanted to whine about that.
✪ Music & Podcasts* ✪
- Adding podcasts to the mix because I listen to them nonstop at work, and they serve as a good ground to discuss everything from current events to history.
- I like Rihanna’s “Anti” album. It’s pretty good.
- Drake’s “Views” is okay. Some good tracks, some completely forgettable ones.
- Really, Spotify has been my main source of music recently. I love to explore the recommended playlists and find new music to enjoy. Not bad, Spotify, Not bad. I like it more than Pandora tbh.
- Completely in love with the songs Florence + The Machine made for FFXV. My favorite has too be “Too Much Is Never Enough”. My guess is that it will be used in the end of the game, and since it sounds so uplifting maybe the end will be a happy one. Let’s hope so.
- Ok, I can’t list every single podcast I listen to because I listen to 50+ of them, but I guess I can discuss a few that stand out in my mind.
- The Rachel Maddow Show – There a few politics-related shows I enjoy, but this one is my favorite. Rachel Maddow is hilarious! At this point in the whole Donald Trump fiasco there is not much left to do but laugh. I mean… people actually think he is president material. It baffles me. And I like that Rachel Maddow perfectly sums up how baffling it is with plenty of sarcasm, logic, and rants. I am still laughing at the show she did about that white supremacist who supports Trump because she described him “coming out of the swamp” to offer support. LMAO. No lie, I always imagine racists as these creatures who crawl out of caves like Gollum just to fuck shit up… like Gollum. Also, I didn’t know this guy’s active pastime is running for various offices and flopping miserably on repeat for decades. …Can’t make that stuff up.
- The Read – Kid Fury had me cracking up about the whole Taylor/Kanye/Kim nonsense. I hope it is all a publicity stunt because I cannot believe this is what rich people do with their time.
- No Sleep Podcast – Man… horror is really kicking ass this year on pretty much every platform.
- Snap Judgment – Ugh… damn this podcast sometimes. The “Nuclear Family” episode had me close to tears when I heard that story about the lady who went to Africa and came to adore a child that no one else seemed to like. They went through so many difficult situations together but came to care about one another very much. Spoiler alert, he passed away in the end from the health issues he had. That just crushed my soul. …Then there was the story of these half-siblings marrying each other and I threw up in my mouth a little. Sorry. I will never understand incest relations. I am not saying it is impossible for family members to feel romantic feelings for one another–as history proved several times–but… why? Why? WHY?
- Okay, I think that’s all I will discuss for now. Podcasts can be life-changing, man. Listen to ’em.
✪ TV & Movies ✪
- Season six of Game of Thrones was amazing! (SPOILERS AHEAD)Any complaints I have are totally minor, and not anything worth deducting major points for. I enjoyed the character development, the plot, and more than anything the potential this show has now that they are not following the books anymore. Let’s be real. GRRM is taking ridiculously long to release The Winds of Winter. I feel like the show will probably come to an end before that book comes out, so the path they’re taking with this show really works for me in terms of what I hoped to see in the next book. My biggest complaint (I can’t believe I am saying this) is Daenerys. There are so many deus ex machina moments with her that I found myself getting bored sometimes. But outside of those moments, she continued to prove what she is worthy of the Targaryen name. The moment when they showed her entire fleet heading to Westeros with Dragon, Viserion, and Rhaegal flying around in the background… all the chills and tears. Still, let us be clear. The best moment in the entire season was Cersei fucking shit up in King’s Landing. Wow! Best villain ever! Actual queen! Sometimes I hate this show for making me root for people who should not be rooted for. Thankfully, I gave zero roots for Ramsay. He was a total piece of shit, and I smiled with Sansa when his hounds had him for lunch. I also yelled YASS QUEEN. Then I yelled YASS QUEENS when Yara/Asha teamed up with Daenerys, and even hinted that she wouldn’t mind hooking up with her. PLEASE DO. I definitely ship Dany x Yara. Fuck Daario. I never trusted him, and he was naive to think that he would actually end up married to the dragon queen if she conquered Westeros. Like… Why? What is the relationship suppose to be built on? Sexual attraction? Ugh. Thank you, Dany, for dumping him, and thank you for not permabanning Jorah because he really did make up for his mistake… creepy friendzone shit aside. Wow, what else? I was 0% attracted to Jon Snow before this season, but he/Kit Harrington was surprisingly fine this season? Amazing. Arya killing Walder Frey had Mark and me acting like damn fools. He’s not even that into GoT and he was yelling “OH SHIT!” with me and jumping around. Literally slay, Arya. Sansa is still precious to me, and I will not forgive anyone who gives her shit for dealing with trauma the way she does… which is fifty times better than anyone else would in her shoes. Let’s be honest. If Sansa haters had their clothes torn in a room full of people whilst the person they had a crush on threatened to kill them with a crossbow they would be a mess. Everything in between that she dealt with would destroy them. So, I’m here for Sansa rising to the top where she belongs. I already miss Hodor. I miss Margaery and Loras already. Fuck the High Sparrow. I’m disappointed by the lack of Stoneheart, especially when there was such an opportune moment to do it when The Hound showed up. Cleganebowl was cancelled. Not okay. Um… I don’t know what else I am missing. I just want to watch this season again. I am ashamed to say I own zero GOT boxsets, but I plan to amend that when the sixth season’s boxset is released. I wouldn’t mind watching it over again.
- If you haven’t watched Stranger Things I’m sure you’re tired of hearing people tell you to watch Stranger Things, but watch Stranger Things. If you have any love for 80’s horror and sci-fi movies, watch Stranger Things.
- Mark and I are killing that SMG deal on Groupon, so naturally we saw a lot of movies. I’ll give a brief rundown of the few that I saw.
- Star Trek: Beyond – Meh… It was okay. More importantly, Rest In Peace to Anton Yelchin nonetheless. I am glad that they will not replace him as Chekov. He did so well in that role, and he can never be replaced.
- Jason Bourne – Snore. But Mark’s dad really loves the Bourne series, and I like going out with his parents, so it was good on that front.
- Captain America: Civil War – SO GOOD. This is the summer blockbuster we geeks deserve. Especially with all the shit superhero and reboot movies we have to shovel through every year just to find something decent. That being said if the Black Panther movie is garbage then we riot.
- The Fundamentals of Caring – [adoration for Paul Rudd intensifies]
- Zootopia – Adorable movie. It should be called Tolerance for Dummies. Hopefully, the kids who watch this movie will get the message, and do better then the generations before them when it comes to treating others with dignity and respect regardless of how they look. Nonetheless, good job, Zootopia.
- I am so deep into Killjoys right now. It is everything Firefly could have been if it was not cancelled. They were renewed for a third season so I’m ecstatic! Every story needs a Dutch. She is a beautiful space angel. ~_~
- Last but not least, Kingsglaive. Of course, the moment I buy the digital copy SE announces that Kingsglaive will be coming to Atlanta… a few minutes away from where I live. *sigh* I would go see it in theatres if I absolutely adored the movie, but I did not. Is it worth the 8% it has on rotten tomatoes? NO. At least not to me. If I had to use their percentage scale, I would give it a high 60%/low 70%. I enjoyed the plot more than Advent Children (and Spirits Within). That is a definite. It did not have as many cool action scenes IMO, but there were enough twists and beautiful graphics to make it at least watchable. My biggest complaint is basically the last thirty minutes or so of the movie. I am going to discuss spoilers so please skip if you haven’t seen it. Once again, SPOILERS AHEAD.So… the ending. I understand that Nyx is the main character, but once Regis was assassinated the movie should have really wrapped itself up. His death and the fall of Lucis is pretty much the bridge between the movie and the game, you know? That is not to say that the last act of the movie was entirely useless. It was definitely important to reveal the traitors within Kingsglaive, the confrontation between Nyx and Drautos/Glauca, and maybe even to show how the Ring of Lucii actually works, but I wish that the plot was just… arranged differently. I suppose movies/games/books/etc. just feel more complete when there is a flow of introduction to conflict and characters involved → conflict at its peak and major development of characters → resolution and final development of characters. The movie followed this flow until Regis died IMO, but then it went back to the middle again and sort of shifted the focus of the protagonist from Nyx to Lunafreya in a way. Of course, these are all opinions. Some people think this is the best video game movie ever while some think it is a colossal failure. Maybe opinions will change once the game is here and we can see how Kingsglaive ties into Final Fantasy XV. Either way, I enjoyed it for the most part. I would watch it again. Actually, I already watched it twice, mostly to enjoy the beauty of Insomnia again and to catch any easter eggs that I may have missed the first time. That’s my typical crap review, or “almost review” as I tend to call it. LOL. If you’re into the FFXV lore and game then go ahead and watch it. If you don’t care about FFXV though then you’ll probably dislike it. I don’t think it would inspire anyone who is not interested in playing the game to play it. Maybe it will. I don’t know. By the end of the movie I didn’t find myself wondering about Noctis or even the rest of the world. I was more interested in what Lunafreya would endure during her trek to find her fiancee Noctis. Honestly, she was my favorite character in the whole movie. I read complaints about her being a “damsel in distress”, but I strongly disagree with that. Lunafreya is the type of female character that we need to see more. There are plenty of weak female characters who cannot defend themselves along with plenty of strong female characters who do not need anyone’s assistance. But what about the women in the middle who know that they are not conventionally “strong”, but refuse to sit around and remain helpless? Lunafreya knows that she is up against some incredibly–and quite frankly overpowered–foes, yet she is adorably stubborn about doing whatever the hell she feels like doing. LOL. Seriously, every time Nyx told her to stay put and she pretty much went “nope” and did what she wanted to do I just loved her even more. Lunafreya is so important. I meant it. She does not fear death. She does not dwell on her shortcomings. She does not complain about the fact that she is constantly being locked in rooms and being held hostage. She just sees a window of opportunity everywhere and leaps headfirst towards it. *sigh* I cannot wait to see more of Lunafreya. Okay, that’s about it. >_>
✪ Whatever Else/Closing ✪
Okay, I believe that is everything. I have a much-deserved labor day weekend ahead of me, and I plan to be as productive as possible. Got my art supplies near by. Got some books to read. Got some games to play. I’m going to do something more than play Neverwinter all day. I promise. 😮
Sending everyone good vibrations. And cooler weather. (っ- . -)っ ~♥