✪ Personal Life ✪
Honestly, my personal life is just waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have not been “here” since I preordered that game, so…there is that.
✪ Art & Writing ✪
Not much writing or drawing. I did start on a story for NaNoWriMo, but I doubt I will get it done in time. Especially with DA:I coming out in less than ten days. More than likely, I’ll keep working on the story because I am really enjoying it. It’s about a girl who is desperate for a job, and ends up accepting an assistant position for a supervillain. She knows that the supervillain is a horrible person, but the pay is amazing and she gets a lot of cool yet weird perks…like minions to clean her house and stuff. I have never really tackled a comedy story before, so it’s fun. TBH it feels more like a manga. I think I will start drawing it pretty soon. Of course, I am always working on
Mythos The Millennium Sorceress, so that’s all good. All is good in the creative world~
✪ Anime & Manga ✪
- …What the fuck is Terraformars? Mark and I were in tears over the jacked cockroaches, but we eventually decided to just overlook the overabundance of muscles in this anime and get into the story. Then came the censorship. It might be Crunchyroll, but every time a gruesome death happens this black bar blocks out everything. So that pissed us off. We are interested in the story. That is the aggravating thing. We just cannot stop laughing at the things we consider ridiculous, and then the fucking black bars on everything. *sigh* The shit I put up with to follow a plot. It really makes no sense sometimes.
- I’m really getting into Wolf Girl and Black Prince. I know Erika and Sata are going to inevitably end up together, but Kusakabe is so adorable. If given the option between someone mean like Sata, and a sweetheart like Kusakabe then I would choose the latter. That might make me “boring” but oh well.
- I finished the Aku no Hana anime and decided to move on the manga to see what happened after that ending. Yeah…I thought Takao and Sawa were messed up, but nope. Saeki is slowly taking that cake.
- Because Mark won’t stop bugging me about it I am reading All You Need Is Kill. It better be as flawless and amazing as he claims. -_-
✪ Video Games ✪
- After I trade in my 3DS they announce the Majora’s Mask 3D game. *internal screaming* I’m kidding. It’s cool since (a) Mark still has his 3DS, (b) Majora’s Mask won’t get here until Spring 2015, (c) I got Mark a copy of Fantasy Life with the trade-in credit (He is 1000% in love with that game BTW. I never stop hearing about it. LOL), and (d) I got to preorder the ultimate Dragon Age: Inquisition with the rest. Speaking of DA:I…
- HOLY FUCK I’M EXCITED. I honestly did not think I would be able to play it until next year because…well…I just rarely have the funds to buy games on the first day. Or I do have the funds but my frugality makes it impossible for me to enjoy the game without guilt because it is over $20. Either way, I did not foresee myself getting DA:I on the first day, better yet the ultimate edition with all the preorder goodies. Sometimes I see the 18th on the calender and I have to remind myself that there is a copy at Gamestop actually waiting there for me. Maybe to play at midnight. I don’t know. The last time I went to a midnight release was for Final Fantasy XIII, so it has been a while. Man…less than ten days. If I could just fast forward time that would be great.
✪ Books ✪
- What I love about Haruki Murakami is how gradually he includes supernatural elements into his stories, as if they have always been there and the reader is just learning about it through someone else’s story. In other words he has a talent for seamlessly including the supernatural into everyday normal life without it coming off as an obvious fantasy story. That is something I can kind of relate to. Growing up, I believed a bunch of weird things like aliens living amongst us and turning into their true forms the moment I turned my back. Because of that I used to carry around compact mirrors as a kid in hopes of catching one of them mid-transformation. I also used to believe what Aomame believes about crossing dimensions unknowingly, and like her that assumption was triggered when I did not know something that everyone else around me considered common knowledge. I…was a weird kid. Scratch that, I am still weird. Knowing all of that, it is nice to find the works of authors who use their weirdness to create beautiful stories. It has a purpose outside of constant ostracization and being badgered with questions about my thinking process! LOL
- The World of Ice and Fire is greaaaat~ I am only borrowing it right now, but I would love to buy it, take my time examining all the beautiful art, and reading every little detail about GRRM’s world. It is inspiring. My imagination has been a little lifeless lately, but it grows vivid the moment I am introduced to someone else’s imagination. The mind is a beautiful thing. I must never let it go to waste. That is something I am learning each time I experience the joy of reading another person’s story.
✪ Music ✪
- Find Drag-on Dragoon 3 DLC OST. Add “Chaotic Song”, “Better End”, “Tsukiru/Exhausted”, “This Silence is Mine”, and “Kuroi Uta/Black Song” to my queue. Put that shit on repeat for the rest of my life. That has pretty much been my music activity. The originals are great on their own (Well, Chaotic Song was originally Thirteenth Chapter Final in Drag-on Dragoon 1, and it was just a bunch of bells…but it is unique. I don’t mind listening to it), but to hear them reprised into battle themes is just god tier shit.
- I really love Pogo’s remixes. “Psycho Soup” is great, and gives me hope that he will remix more video games in the future. Maybe anime too. Who knows? He always surprises me with his songs. My favorite remix is still “Hundred Acre Rain” though. Instant picker upper.
✪ TV & Movies ✪
- Maleficent – Eh… It was okay. I am liking this new Disney trend of princesses being rescued by someone other than a prince though. I love princesses like Mulan and Tiana who save themselves, but a princess being rescued by a family member or villain is a fresh angle too.
- The Edge of Tomorrow – Not bad at all. Since Mark insists the story/manga is better I will read that.
- WWE – I’m playing catch up right now. I’m also crossing my fingers and hoping that the authority crumbles.
- South Park – I’m not sure what is happening, but I barely laughed in recent episodes. This happens sometimes. The creators of SP try so hard to express their opinion on political issues that they kind of overlook the comedy aspect. Oh well…
- ANTM – It’s getting to a point where I don’t want anyone to get eliminated because I like them all. Raelia leaving just sucked, man. She should definitely keep modeling no matter what.
I’m sure I watched other things, but I can’t remember them all right now.
✪ Whatever Else/Closing ✪
Before I go, I’d like to remind all the people who like to command strangers to watch their shit while they use the bathroom to beware of individuals like me. Because we will laugh, walk away, and leave your shit sitting there. Or if you meet someone like my past co-worker, he will straight up toss your shit in the trash. Lesson: pretend that your parents raised you properly. It takes a few seconds to say, “Hey, I’m sorry to bother you, but can you watch my drink while I take a piss?” Most of the time, someone will say: “Sure,” and be glad to help someone out. But if you just go to a stranger and bark: “Watch my drink!” (which happened to me) then…yeah. Your drink is going to get abandoned, and if someone cleaning up asks me if the drink is mine I’m just going to say nope. Then you can spend another $3 at Burger King getting a large drink because you had to be a dick and order around people who have no obligation to obey you. Whomp whomp.
Aaand I’m off. I got some mangas to catch up on.