✪ Personal Life ✪
- Geez… Where the fuck do I begin?
- Everything is Lunafreya right now and you’re damn right I’m going to fangirl about FFXV in a minute.
- February was definitely a great month. I got to meet my new nephew Jaden, hang out with Ash, Tiffa, and Mark, and finally get my hands on a Wii U!
- Jaden – He’s such a cutie pie ♥♥♥! Why are my nephews and niece so precious? I don’t deserve them. 😥
- Hangout – So, Ash came down from NC to visit a bunch of her ATL friends, including me, Tiffa, and Mark, and we had a blast with her. I can’t remember the last time I laughed as much as I did that day. We were just being a bunch of goofs together. LOL. All in all, it was great–great friends, great conversations, great places, great food. I can’t wait to do it again. This time we will actually put some effort into planning because Mark almost led us to our deaths. Bad Mark.
- Wii U – This belongs in the gaming section. Still, it is probably the best Valentine’s Day gifts I ever received.
- Mark and I found a new hobby that is guaranteed to concern the people we know. There is a shooting range right down the street from our place, and we’ve become obsessed with… well… shooting shit. My only complaint is that it’s loud as hell. And the kickback will knock your fucking teeth out if you don’t keep control. Otherwise, it’s a blast (no pun intended). The great thing is that I’m surprisingly decent at it. I mean, my eyesight is garbage so I was sure I would miss my target, but I ended up getting mostly headshots at 50 feet distance. According to Mark that is good. At least I know I’ll survive somewhat in the zombie apocalypse, right? LOL. I don’t know. He’s the military kid, so he’s been my mentor on all things gun related. Anyway, it’s fun. GREAT stress relief. That is a definite!
- I got a chance to work remote and it was like winning the lottery for a day. LOL. I don’t even care about raises or promotions anymore. I just want to eventually get permission to work from home everyday. That is my dream job right there. And since I love the work I do my career will be 100% enjoyable for me. No more waking up at 3am, no more driving in traffic, no more spending my lunch playing taxi–none of that shit there. Just me, my music, my laptop, and my pajamas. Fuck. Yes. I want it now. ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
- I’m ashamed of some of the things I find hysterical. For example, every time I hear/read, “Swiggity swooty, I’m coming for that booty,” I giggle like an idiot. Then the other day Mark and I were trying to decide on dinner and he googled “good food”. Dude, I was crying. Like… what was he hoping to accomplish with that vague-ass search? I’m done (╥ □ ╥)! Now I’m giggling because while watching Daredevil Mark said that since Matt is blind he probably hits on girls by saying, “Hey, girl, let me hear them titties,” and… *siiiigh* My sense of humor is in ruins. Don’t look at me.
- I got new glasses after seven years or so, and it is so fucking weird. I didn’t know real life was this crisp.
- Link is temporarily annoyed with me because a cat outside was following Mark and me and climbing our shoulders, and he watched all of this from the window with a pissed expression. So… Yeah… We feel like two-timing whores now. Sorry, Link. 😦
- I don’t know what else to add in this section. I’m feeling OK. I’m working on improving certain areas of my life. I guess that is it then. Moving onwards~
✪ Art & Writing ✪
- I can always tell when I’m in a good place art-wise because my art supplies will move from my desk to everywhere else. It also doesn’t help at all that every time I get a little extra cash I just add to that shit like I have all the space in the world. In my defense, I always said as a child that when I become an adult and have money I would buy all the art supplies I want. So, I’m sure the young Kerri in me is cartwheeling around in excitement. Anyway, I’m not complaining. I do need to be more organized, yes, but I’m as happy as pig in shit over here. I want to draw forever. ♥
- Writing is now working out smoothly because I decided to put all my writing-related things in one book. Brainstorm? One book. Drabbles? One book. Charts? One book. At times I’ll think, “Yadda-yadda would be a good idea”, and then I’ll just write in my book “Yadda-yadda is a good idea”. Often times right in the middle of doing something else, like shopping. LOL. I’m pretty much inseparable from that book. It’s like my brainstorm encyclopedia, and it makes things infinitely better. If you’re a writer you have to get a brainstorm book. It’s extremely awesome. Stick it in your purse with some pen(cil)s and never worry about forgetting a good idea again. 😀
- By the way, if you order a sketchbook online and it says “MASSIVE, HUGE” then believe it… because I ordered one thinking, “please no sketchbook is too big for me” and this one is ridiculous. In terms of length and width it’s not bad. Maybe 11 x 12-ish. But it has like 600 pages, its the size of an encyclopedia, and there is no way I’m carrying that almost 20 lb. tome of a sketchbook outside of this place. So. Yeah. I have so many pages that at this point I’m just sketching any random shit that comes to mind. LOL
✪ Anime & Manga ✪
- It only took me an eternity, but I finally managed to watch all of Fushigi Yuugi including that horrible sequel. Yay! At first I was disappointed that Miaka was gravitating towards Tamahome instead of Hotohori, but eventually I stopped fighting it and accepted the obvious reality that they are one of the most adorable couples ever created. I also wanted nothing but the best for Yui too because even though she was so pigheaded at times she was never a bad person. Ah… I love it. I’ll always have a soft spot for shoujo anything. They make me feel so warm and fluffy inside. (｡´ ‿｀♡)
- Completely in love with Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.
- Of course I caught the FFXV: Brotherhood anime. It’s decent so far. I just wonder how long it’s going to take to release all of the episodes. ARGH IMPATIENCE.
- I am completely in love with Hunter x Hunter. I’m so glad that I finally finished it. Now I feel kinda hollow because I was immersed in this world for weeks and now it’s just… done. I hate when that happens. LOL. I’m already looking into collecting the mangas so maybe that will help.
- New Berserk anime! *backflips through a wall* Yaaas, I need more! I’m already hyped as shit because they finally made it to Elfheim, so… yeah. Let’s get this series done in my lifetime please. >_<
- The new Sailor Moon Crystal looks so much better. Also, Michiru! My queen!
- Broke down and purchased the Oyasumi Punpun and Gunslinger Girl omnibuses. Totally worth it. Now my heart can break all over again. Yay!
- What the hell is even Sekkou Boys? (╥ □ ╥)
- I guess Turn-A-Gundam is no longer in copyright jail because they’re actually selling the DVDs in stores now. I damn near screamed when I saw the first part of the set at MovieStop. Silly gundam moustache and all, I absolutely love this series. Loran is definitely my favorite Gundam pilot of all times. He is so adorable. I can’t stand it. Also, Yoko Kanno doing the music is just… *deep breath*… Get away from me if you hate this series. I don’t need that negativity in my life.
- Geez, what else? The Lost Village is creepy as fuck and I have no idea what is going on. Finished Ace of Diamond and I really want Chris Yuu’s eyebrows. Slam Dunk is my shit now. Sakamoto is funny as hell. My Hero Academia is so nice! Ah, so much anime to talk about. Maybe another time.
I know I’m forgetting something but it’s been a few months. I’m trying. -_-
✪ Video Games ✪
- Ah, yes. The Wii U. It kind of came to me unexpectedly. Sure, I was planning to get it eventually, but one day Mark was just like “surprise,” and then I had a Wii U. He already got me Hyrule Warriors before I got it, so I had that to play (ADDICTIVE). It came with Mario Kart 8 (FUN). The moment Twilight Princess came out I got that (GLORIOUS). Eventually, I did get Xenoblade Chronicles, even after the whole Amazon crap I had to deal with to get it (LONG STORY BUT WHATEVER THIS GAME IS RPG ROYALTY), and that was well worth all the headache. I have zero complaints. I love it. The gamepad is ridiculously nifty and feels more like another handheld console at times. I don’t know what else to say. I’m completely in love with it. I am beyond fortunate. Thank you, life, for not always shitting on me! ＼(＾O＾)／
- GET READY FOR SOME FFXV FANGIRLING.
- First of all, I watched that FFXV Uncovered video from start to finish, and even though it was cheesy at times I was hyped as fuck. I’ve accepted my badge as a Square-Enix bitch ages ago. I can’t help it anymore. Needless to say, they are going above and beyond with this one. And they better. They’ve been working on this game for over a decade now. I was still in high school when they announced it, and back then it was FF Versus XIII or whatever. The wait is finally over, guys. I can’t believe it. Come September 30th FFXV will actually be here! Well… it might come a little later for me. I preordered the deluxe edition (the ultimate edition practically vanished) with overnight shipping, so if I’m lucky I’ll get on the first of October. If not, then it will probably show up the following Monday. Tuesday the absolute latest before I lose my shit. LOL. Either way, I’m ecstatic. I love the idea of an anime, a movie, another demo, and even all the other ridiculous things like an actual car that no one can buy. I’m indifferent to the mobile game, but I’ll try it out once I get a phone that doesn’t give me an insufficient storage warning every time I try to download something. I mean… Fuck. I don’t know what else to say. The moment I heard Florence and the Machine singing her version of “Stand By Me” (Yes!) FOR this game my eyes started to water. I couldn’t help it. It’s like someone just took all of my favorite things, put them in a box, dumped it in front of me, and said, “Enjoy it in six months, bitch”. It’s like… that feeling you get as a kid when someone told you that you were going to Disneyworld. When I realize this thing I’ve been waiting over ten years to experience is only months away I just want to celebrate, regardless of the possibility that it might be straight up dick. I don’t even know what I’m saying. I’m just excited and sappy and relieved and hopeful. That’s about it. I can’t wait!!! ʘ‿ʘ
- Oh, and you can bet your ass that I played that demo. The gameplay felt a lot like Kingdom Hearts tbh. Which is not a complaint at all. It’s so enjoyable that I’m already thinking of playing it again. Plus Carbuncle and bb Noctis are so adorable! I want an esper/eidolon/GF/summon/etc. to talk to me via text messages. 😮 And of course I’m so uncreative that when I was asked to name Carbuncle I just named him Carbuncle. LOL. I don’t start giving people and things dumb names until the second playthrough at least. Dems the rules.
- Can I talk about Sakaguchi showing up to the conference? I miss him. ;_;
- New updates for Nier Automata too! Yes, I need moar!
- Finally tackling that Hearts of Stone DLC for The Witcher 3. I’m loving it. I never get tired of Geralt. There could be an entire DLC with him watching paint dry and I’ll probably write a review saying, “A work of art. Fantastic gameplay. 10/10.”
- I can’t sign on Steam anymore because the instant I login this person keeps IMing me to talk about Sailor Moon and its connection to the occult and I don’t know how to say “go away” without hurting his/her feelings. Why did I end up in this situation? Why is it the more antisocial I become, the more people keep talking me? Why? Why?
✪ Books ✪
- Do comic books count? Because I’ve been reading through a lot of omnibuses lately, mostly Daredevil.
- I did get the first eight books of The Wheel of Time series for like $10 and was set on reading it… but then I got distracted… and then Mark took that honor for me. LOL. He got through three books in like a week, so I have to hear nonstop about how awesome it is while simultaneously loathing myself for not getting past the second chapter of the first book. I just need one good week to focus 100% on my hobbies. (◞‸◟；)
✪ Music ✪
- The Legend of Legacy OST is everything. Pianoschlacht Live is also pretty important to me. Bless Masashi Hamauzu. Kinda OT, but I found out recently that Masashi Hamauzu got his daughter to sing the vocals in “The Vestige” from the FFXIII OST. I just had to mention that because it is really neat and adorable at the same time.
- BEYONCE DID IT AGAIN! >:U
- My music life has been mostly Pandora. I really need to do something about my stations because I swear I have like twenty of them. It’s not really my fault though. How do you put instrumentals, trip hop, classic rock, alternative rock, hip hop, r&b, and several other genres in one station? Then there are some artists/bands that need their own station because I have a lot of moments where I only want to hear their music or music that sounds similar to theirs. I did put my movie, game, and anime soundtrack stations into one station called “writing & drawing*, but even now I’m thinking of breaking them into separate stations again because video game music is not like movie music, you know? *sigh* I’m hopeless.
✪ TV & Movies ✪
- THIS NEW SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES IS REALLY GOOD SO FAR. WOW.
- I don’t think I discussed The Force Awakens yet. I loved it! My biggest complaint is that there was not enough Captain Phasma, but I heard she was supposed to get more screen time in later episodes. GOOD. You can’t hire fierce queen Gwendoline Christie aka Brienne of Tarth to play a stormtrooper and not make her kick ass. Not allowed, JJ Abrams. e_e
- Season two of Daredevil… Wow. Just wow. I loved every second of it. Sure, it has its flaws, but none were so troubling that I couldn’t enjoy it. Frank/The Punisher is amazing. Elektra is amazing. I still love Matt/Daredevil, Karen, and Foggy. I love that some of the characters from season one came back. It’s just so good. I can’t wait for Luke Cage and Iron First and The Defenders!
- I think I mentioned watching The Sopranos before. That is all done, so now I just have to start The Wire. I know it is considered quite possibly the best show ever made, but every time I get the chance to watch it I end up falling asleep. Not because it’s boring but because I’m almost always tired. Then I spend my weekends playing games or watching weeb shit, so… yeah. It’s at the top of my watchlist. Finish The Wire before 2017 or kick myself in the chest. >_<
- Spotlight is such a good movie, but it is so fucked up. So, so, so, so fucked up. It is disgusting how many suspected pedophiles are amongst priests alone. When you think about the population as a whole… It’s like this whole shit with Jared. It makes me legit irate. I’m just going to stop because this is going to turn into a long rant. I already feel it. Anyway, Spotlight it is wonderfully done in terms of acting and production, but the subject matter is definitely unsettling. There is my review.
- The same kind of goes for Room. It is such a good movie, but the subject matter is saddening. I really love characters like Brie Larson’s “Ma” because she is the epitome of what a hero(ine) is. I cannot imagine the amount of courage and strength it takes to endure a situation like that, and still keep your child completely oblivious to how screwed up things actually are. It is definitely a tearjerker. I highly recommend it.
- Saw Deadpool. Funny as hell, as expected. Not a perfect movie, but it is the perfect Deadpool movie. That is all that matters, right?
- Saw Batman v Superman… and I don’t even know what to say. Outside of Ben Affleck playing a good Batman and Gal Gadot slaying as Wonder Woman the movie was balls. It was just plot holes galore, Jesse Eisenberg doing who knows what drug to play Lex Luthor (or supposedly Lex Luthor Jr. which is even dumber), disappointing character development, flop villains all around… I don’t even know. And they didn’t even have the decency to reward the audience for sitting through that with some after credits scenes. The disrespect. LOL. I mean, it wasn’t the worst movie ever made. It was just tolerable at best.
✪ Whatever Else/Closing ✪
I have so much to cover that I just kinda typed without worrying about typos or curbing my potty mouth… fingers. Anyway, sorry about all of that. I think it’s been like five months since my last entry. D:
Take care, ya’ll, especially with the ridiculous amount of pollen out there these days. If you’re going through the whole itchy eyes, stuffy nose, coughing mess I’m there with you. Be strong, sistrens and brethrens.
Sending everyone good vibrations. (っ- ‸ -)っ ~♥