Iggy must be thinking about them new recipehs. Or how fine Gladio is. It’s all good.
Anyway, got through a weeklong vacation that was much, much, much needed, and I’m just going through the most memorable moments. Keep in my that I am an introvert, so if you’re expecting a story about me going out in public and interacting with others you will be so disappointment. Oh, boy. So disappointed.
- FINAL FANTASY XV (aka JUST DUDES BEING BROS XV/JUST BROS BEING DUDES XV). I am in love! The game is not perfect. In fact, I’d give it a solid 8 out of 10 because the main story was so short, but the content that was there was definitely a rollercoaster. I’m happy to hear that Tabata wants to make this game playable for a long time, and plans to drop all kinds of free and paid DLCs throughout 2017. Looking forward to it! Also, looking forward to the New Game + option so I can start the replay I’ve been dying to make since I finished the game. Overall, I am a happy camper. I love this game. ♥
- Also, that soundtrack is incredible. Yoko Shimomura is a damn genius. Fight me if you disagree. Q( ‘_’ Q)
- Thanks to FFXV inspiration to write has been through the roof this week! I can’t remember the last time I was up until daybreak because I lost track of time while writing. I think I really needed a gool ol’ FF game to remind me what it is I love about writing in the first place. The fun that comes with building a world, forming bonds between characters, being free to make all the rules you wish–it is so refreshing. I wish I had more time in the day so I could finish the entire story but… a good 25,000-30,000 words will have to do for now. I plan to spend my every break after returning to work doing editing so I can go home and continue working on the rest. I’m excited. I hope I can start adding the story to the website, but I don’t want to do that until I’m 100% sure that I won’t end up scrapping it like I always do. LOL. We’ll see. I love the direction it is taking now though.
- Yuri!!! On Ice has taken control of my life. You may also fight me again if you don’t love Viktor x Yuri. Also, I can’t believe the delusional people saying that Viktor and Yuri are just really good friends, even after what happened in the 10th episode. LMFAO. Like… breh… come on. Breh. Come. On. It’s canon. Just stop. Come on, breh.
- I am in love with March Comes In Like A Lion too. I didn’t think an anime about Shogi would be so interesting, but there it is.
- I’m like… 30 episodes into Monster which is a fucking miracle. I’ve been starting and dropping both the manga and anime for a few years now. This is the farthest I’ve come. I wish I had stuck it through a long time ago. It’s a really good series that deserves all the acclaim it received. How is this anime/manga not an American movie yet is really alarming to me. It feels just like one.
- Why is The Last Guardian and everything else Fumito Ueda makes so amazing. I can’t do this anymore.
- I LOVE MY CHRISTMAS TREE. AND SO DOES LINK. STOP ATTACKING THE FUCKING TREE, LINK.
- I haven’t touched Tales of Zestiria or Skyrim during my whole vacation and I probably won’t for a while because FFXV is so precious to me. Whoops~
- I don’t even know what else to say. I got so much sleep and watched so much good stuff and played so much FFXV and wrote so much and I’m just really happy. I can’t wait to get Christmas and New Years breaks, and I can’t wait until I accumulate more PTO so I can do this again. Maybe I’ll wait until Mass Effect: Andromeda to roll around, or FFVII Remake. Or Persona 5. I don’t know. There are so many games I want to play until I hate myself when they come out. I’m looking forward to it. …Not hating myself but you know.
I think that’s about it. I plan to make a more detailed review of FFXV when the time comes, but honestly I want to tackle the DLCs that are supposedly being released this month to see if they add more to the game or not. I’ll see. Really, I want to get into the spoilers… more specifically that ending. Ugh, all the tears. I can’t do this right now. -.-
Alright then. I’m off. Happy Holidays if I don’t get around to it later! ♥
P.S. It’s snowing on my blog again! #blessed (LOL)
Posted by Kato on December 12, 2016
Just Frank Castle things.
✪ Personal Life ✪
- Geez… Where the fuck do I begin?
- Everything is Lunafreya right now and you’re damn right I’m going to fangirl about FFXV in a minute.
- February was definitely a great month. I got to meet my new nephew Jaden, hang out with Ash, Tiffa, and Mark, and finally get my hands on a Wii U!
- Jaden – He’s such a cutie pie ♥♥♥! Why are my nephews and niece so precious? I don’t deserve them. 😥
- Hangout – So, Ash came down from NC to visit a bunch of her ATL friends, including me, Tiffa, and Mark, and we had a blast with her. I can’t remember the last time I laughed as much as I did that day. We were just being a bunch of goofs together. LOL. All in all, it was great–great friends, great conversations, great places, great food. I can’t wait to do it again. This time we will actually put some effort into planning because Mark almost led us to our deaths. Bad Mark.
- Wii U – This belongs in the gaming section. Still, it is probably the best Valentine’s Day gifts I ever received.
- Mark and I found a new hobby that is guaranteed to concern the people we know. There is a shooting range right down the street from our place, and we’ve become obsessed with… well… shooting shit. My only complaint is that it’s loud as hell. And the kickback will knock your fucking teeth out if you don’t keep control. Otherwise, it’s a blast (no pun intended). The great thing is that I’m surprisingly decent at it. I mean, my eyesight is garbage so I was sure I would miss my target, but I ended up getting mostly headshots at 50 feet distance. According to Mark that is good. At least I know I’ll survive somewhat in the zombie apocalypse, right? LOL. I don’t know. He’s the military kid, so he’s been my mentor on all things gun related. Anyway, it’s fun. GREAT stress relief. That is a definite!
- I got a chance to work remote and it was like winning the lottery for a day. LOL. I don’t even care about raises or promotions anymore. I just want to eventually get permission to work from home everyday. That is my dream job right there. And since I love the work I do my career will be 100% enjoyable for me. No more waking up at 3am, no more driving in traffic, no more spending my lunch playing taxi–none of that shit there. Just me, my music, my laptop, and my pajamas. Fuck. Yes. I want it now. ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
- I’m ashamed of some of the things I find hysterical. For example, every time I hear/read, “Swiggity swooty, I’m coming for that booty,” I giggle like an idiot. Then the other day Mark and I were trying to decide on dinner and he googled “good food”. Dude, I was crying. Like… what was he hoping to accomplish with that vague-ass search? I’m done (╥ □ ╥)! Now I’m giggling because while watching Daredevil Mark said that since Matt is blind he probably hits on girls by saying, “Hey, girl, let me hear them titties,” and… *siiiigh* My sense of humor is in ruins. Don’t look at me.
- I got new glasses after seven years or so, and it is so fucking weird. I didn’t know real life was this crisp.
- Link is temporarily annoyed with me because a cat outside was following Mark and me and climbing our shoulders, and he watched all of this from the window with a pissed expression. So… Yeah… We feel like two-timing whores now. Sorry, Link. 😦
- I don’t know what else to add in this section. I’m feeling OK. I’m working on improving certain areas of my life. I guess that is it then. Moving onwards~
✪ Art & Writing ✪
- I can always tell when I’m in a good place art-wise because my art supplies will move from my desk to everywhere else. It also doesn’t help at all that every time I get a little extra cash I just add to that shit like I have all the space in the world. In my defense, I always said as a child that when I become an adult and have money I would buy all the art supplies I want. So, I’m sure the young Kerri in me is cartwheeling around in excitement. Anyway, I’m not complaining. I do need to be more organized, yes, but I’m as happy as pig in shit over here. I want to draw forever. ♥
- Writing is now working out smoothly because I decided to put all my writing-related things in one book. Brainstorm? One book. Drabbles? One book. Charts? One book. At times I’ll think, “Yadda-yadda would be a good idea”, and then I’ll just write in my book “Yadda-yadda is a good idea”. Often times right in the middle of doing something else, like shopping. LOL. I’m pretty much inseparable from that book. It’s like my brainstorm encyclopedia, and it makes things infinitely better. If you’re a writer you have to get a brainstorm book. It’s extremely awesome. Stick it in your purse with some pen(cil)s and never worry about forgetting a good idea again. 😀
- By the way, if you order a sketchbook online and it says “MASSIVE, HUGE” then believe it… because I ordered one thinking, “please no sketchbook is too big for me” and this one is ridiculous. In terms of length and width it’s not bad. Maybe 11 x 12-ish. But it has like 600 pages, its the size of an encyclopedia, and there is no way I’m carrying that almost 20 lb. tome of a sketchbook outside of this place. So. Yeah. I have so many pages that at this point I’m just sketching any random shit that comes to mind. LOL
✪ Anime & Manga ✪
- It only took me an eternity, but I finally managed to watch all of Fushigi Yuugi including that horrible sequel. Yay! At first I was disappointed that Miaka was gravitating towards Tamahome instead of Hotohori, but eventually I stopped fighting it and accepted the obvious reality that they are one of the most adorable couples ever created. I also wanted nothing but the best for Yui too because even though she was so pigheaded at times she was never a bad person. Ah… I love it. I’ll always have a soft spot for shoujo anything. They make me feel so warm and fluffy inside. (｡´ ‿｀♡)
- Completely in love with Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.
- Of course I caught the FFXV: Brotherhood anime. It’s decent so far. I just wonder how long it’s going to take to release all of the episodes. ARGH IMPATIENCE.
- I am completely in love with Hunter x Hunter. I’m so glad that I finally finished it. Now I feel kinda hollow because I was immersed in this world for weeks and now it’s just… done. I hate when that happens. LOL. I’m already looking into collecting the mangas so maybe that will help.
- New Berserk anime! *backflips through a wall* Yaaas, I need more! I’m already hyped as shit because they finally made it to Elfheim, so… yeah. Let’s get this series done in my lifetime please. >_<
- The new Sailor Moon Crystal looks so much better. Also, Michiru! My queen!
- Broke down and purchased the Oyasumi Punpun and Gunslinger Girl omnibuses. Totally worth it. Now my heart can break all over again. Yay!
- What the hell is even Sekkou Boys? (╥ □ ╥)
- I guess Turn-A-Gundam is no longer in copyright jail because they’re actually selling the DVDs in stores now. I damn near screamed when I saw the first part of the set at MovieStop. Silly gundam moustache and all, I absolutely love this series. Loran is definitely my favorite Gundam pilot of all times. He is so adorable. I can’t stand it. Also, Yoko Kanno doing the music is just… *deep breath*… Get away from me if you hate this series. I don’t need that negativity in my life.
- Geez, what else? The Lost Village is creepy as fuck and I have no idea what is going on. Finished Ace of Diamond and I really want Chris Yuu’s eyebrows. Slam Dunk is my shit now. Sakamoto is funny as hell. My Hero Academia is so nice! Ah, so much anime to talk about. Maybe another time.
I know I’m forgetting something but it’s been a few months. I’m trying. -_-
✪ Video Games ✪
- Ah, yes. The Wii U. It kind of came to me unexpectedly. Sure, I was planning to get it eventually, but one day Mark was just like “surprise,” and then I had a Wii U. He already got me Hyrule Warriors before I got it, so I had that to play (ADDICTIVE). It came with Mario Kart 8 (FUN). The moment Twilight Princess came out I got that (GLORIOUS). Eventually, I did get Xenoblade Chronicles, even after the whole Amazon crap I had to deal with to get it (LONG STORY BUT WHATEVER THIS GAME IS RPG ROYALTY), and that was well worth all the headache. I have zero complaints. I love it. The gamepad is ridiculously nifty and feels more like another handheld console at times. I don’t know what else to say. I’m completely in love with it. I am beyond fortunate. Thank you, life, for not always shitting on me! ＼(＾O＾)／
- GET READY FOR SOME FFXV FANGIRLING.
- First of all, I watched that FFXV Uncovered video from start to finish, and even though it was cheesy at times I was hyped as fuck. I’ve accepted my badge as a Square-Enix bitch ages ago. I can’t help it anymore. Needless to say, they are going above and beyond with this one. And they better. They’ve been working on this game for over a decade now. I was still in high school when they announced it, and back then it was FF Versus XIII or whatever. The wait is finally over, guys. I can’t believe it. Come September 30th FFXV will actually be here! Well… it might come a little later for me. I preordered the deluxe edition (the ultimate edition practically vanished) with overnight shipping, so if I’m lucky I’ll get on the first of October. If not, then it will probably show up the following Monday. Tuesday the absolute latest before I lose my shit. LOL. Either way, I’m ecstatic. I love the idea of an anime, a movie, another demo, and even all the other ridiculous things like an actual car that no one can buy. I’m indifferent to the mobile game, but I’ll try it out once I get a phone that doesn’t give me an insufficient storage warning every time I try to download something. I mean… Fuck. I don’t know what else to say. The moment I heard Florence and the Machine singing her version of “Stand By Me” (Yes!) FOR this game my eyes started to water. I couldn’t help it. It’s like someone just took all of my favorite things, put them in a box, dumped it in front of me, and said, “Enjoy it in six months, bitch”. It’s like… that feeling you get as a kid when someone told you that you were going to Disneyworld. When I realize this thing I’ve been waiting over ten years to experience is only months away I just want to celebrate, regardless of the possibility that it might be straight up dick. I don’t even know what I’m saying. I’m just excited and sappy and relieved and hopeful. That’s about it. I can’t wait!!! ʘ‿ʘ
- Oh, and you can bet your ass that I played that demo. The gameplay felt a lot like Kingdom Hearts tbh. Which is not a complaint at all. It’s so enjoyable that I’m already thinking of playing it again. Plus Carbuncle and bb Noctis are so adorable! I want an esper/eidolon/GF/summon/etc. to talk to me via text messages. 😮 And of course I’m so uncreative that when I was asked to name Carbuncle I just named him Carbuncle. LOL. I don’t start giving people and things dumb names until the second playthrough at least. Dems the rules.
- Can I talk about Sakaguchi showing up to the conference? I miss him. ;_;
- New updates for Nier Automata too! Yes, I need moar!
- Finally tackling that Hearts of Stone DLC for The Witcher 3. I’m loving it. I never get tired of Geralt. There could be an entire DLC with him watching paint dry and I’ll probably write a review saying, “A work of art. Fantastic gameplay. 10/10.”
- I can’t sign on Steam anymore because the instant I login this person keeps IMing me to talk about Sailor Moon and its connection to the occult and I don’t know how to say “go away” without hurting his/her feelings. Why did I end up in this situation? Why is it the more antisocial I become, the more people keep talking me? Why? Why?
✪ Books ✪
- Do comic books count? Because I’ve been reading through a lot of omnibuses lately, mostly Daredevil.
- I did get the first eight books of The Wheel of Time series for like $10 and was set on reading it… but then I got distracted… and then Mark took that honor for me. LOL. He got through three books in like a week, so I have to hear nonstop about how awesome it is while simultaneously loathing myself for not getting past the second chapter of the first book. I just need one good week to focus 100% on my hobbies. (◞‸◟；)
✪ Music ✪
- The Legend of Legacy OST is everything. Pianoschlacht Live is also pretty important to me. Bless Masashi Hamauzu. Kinda OT, but I found out recently that Masashi Hamauzu got his daughter to sing the vocals in “The Vestige” from the FFXIII OST. I just had to mention that because it is really neat and adorable at the same time.
- BEYONCE DID IT AGAIN! >:U
- My music life has been mostly Pandora. I really need to do something about my stations because I swear I have like twenty of them. It’s not really my fault though. How do you put instrumentals, trip hop, classic rock, alternative rock, hip hop, r&b, and several other genres in one station? Then there are some artists/bands that need their own station because I have a lot of moments where I only want to hear their music or music that sounds similar to theirs. I did put my movie, game, and anime soundtrack stations into one station called “writing & drawing*, but even now I’m thinking of breaking them into separate stations again because video game music is not like movie music, you know? *sigh* I’m hopeless.
✪ TV & Movies ✪
- THIS NEW SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES IS REALLY GOOD SO FAR. WOW.
- I don’t think I discussed The Force Awakens yet. I loved it! My biggest complaint is that there was not enough Captain Phasma, but I heard she was supposed to get more screen time in later episodes. GOOD. You can’t hire fierce queen Gwendoline Christie aka Brienne of Tarth to play a stormtrooper and not make her kick ass. Not allowed, JJ Abrams. e_e
- Season two of Daredevil… Wow. Just wow. I loved every second of it. Sure, it has its flaws, but none were so troubling that I couldn’t enjoy it. Frank/The Punisher is amazing. Elektra is amazing. I still love Matt/Daredevil, Karen, and Foggy. I love that some of the characters from season one came back. It’s just so good. I can’t wait for Luke Cage and Iron First and The Defenders!
- I think I mentioned watching The Sopranos before. That is all done, so now I just have to start The Wire. I know it is considered quite possibly the best show ever made, but every time I get the chance to watch it I end up falling asleep. Not because it’s boring but because I’m almost always tired. Then I spend my weekends playing games or watching weeb shit, so… yeah. It’s at the top of my watchlist. Finish The Wire before 2017 or kick myself in the chest. >_<
- Spotlight is such a good movie, but it is so fucked up. So, so, so, so fucked up. It is disgusting how many suspected pedophiles are amongst priests alone. When you think about the population as a whole… It’s like this whole shit with Jared. It makes me legit irate. I’m just going to stop because this is going to turn into a long rant. I already feel it. Anyway, Spotlight it is wonderfully done in terms of acting and production, but the subject matter is definitely unsettling. There is my review.
- The same kind of goes for Room. It is such a good movie, but the subject matter is saddening. I really love characters like Brie Larson’s “Ma” because she is the epitome of what a hero(ine) is. I cannot imagine the amount of courage and strength it takes to endure a situation like that, and still keep your child completely oblivious to how screwed up things actually are. It is definitely a tearjerker. I highly recommend it.
- Saw Deadpool. Funny as hell, as expected. Not a perfect movie, but it is the perfect Deadpool movie. That is all that matters, right?
- Saw Batman v Superman… and I don’t even know what to say. Outside of Ben Affleck playing a good Batman and Gal Gadot slaying as Wonder Woman the movie was balls. It was just plot holes galore, Jesse Eisenberg doing who knows what drug to play Lex Luthor (or supposedly Lex Luthor Jr. which is even dumber), disappointing character development, flop villains all around… I don’t even know. And they didn’t even have the decency to reward the audience for sitting through that with some after credits scenes. The disrespect. LOL. I mean, it wasn’t the worst movie ever made. It was just tolerable at best.
✪ Whatever Else/Closing ✪
I have so much to cover that I just kinda typed without worrying about typos or curbing my potty mouth… fingers. Anyway, sorry about all of that. I think it’s been like five months since my last entry. D:
Take care, ya’ll, especially with the ridiculous amount of pollen out there these days. If you’re going through the whole itchy eyes, stuffy nose, coughing mess I’m there with you. Be strong, sistrens and brethrens.
Sending everyone good vibrations. (っ- ‸ -)っ ~♥
Posted by Kato on May 7, 2016
- Look at this peaceful cat. He has zero stress, all of his bills are paid, he’s eating and drinking right, he found the meaning of life, he got a bonus at his cat job, etc. He also kind of reminds me of Jeff Bridges. I don’t know why.
- Bioshock Infinite is free on Xbox 360 if you have gold. Spread the word ASAP.
- I’m usually resistant to massive overhauls on websites (because I have the soul of a grumpy old lady when it comes to unexpected changes), but I love Grooveshark’s new layout a lot. I like the new Youtube app on XBox Live a lot too. It’s really clean~ I can’t wait for more clean updates on other websites~
- I haven’t been in the loop of things lately, so I just found out today that Mirjana from ANTM was murdered. This is terrible news. She was a beautiful girl that was more than capable of achieving her dream to be a model. I hope her killers get punished thousands of times over for this. RIP Mirjana.
- I decided to check out Birdman and Whiplash because the plots sounded interesting, and I’m glad that I did. Of the two I would have the say that Whiplash blew my mind the most. It really puts into perspective the importance of resilience. And even though I’m not gushing as much about Birdman that does not take away from it’s brilliance. I always love stories where the protagonist’s enemy is his/her own self. That’s probably why Amadeus and Donnie Darko ended up being my favorite movies. 😛
- Honestly, if I had $400 right now to buy any console I wanted I would not know which one to get. Here are some things I am putting into consideration:
- Playstation 4: I haven’t had a Sony console in many, many years, so I don’t want to keep dragging my foot until a PS5 comes along; however, it is the most expensive console out there, and I’m not sure it is 100% worth it (maybe 95%) when I look at the current game selection it has. I see myself playing Type-0, playing tons of PS classic games (XENOGEARS THO), but… that’s about it. The Witcher 3 will not come around ’til May or so. No one knows when FFXV will get here. No one knows when KH3 will get here. I’m not really interested in most of the FPS out right now (though Mark is). There is FFXIV but MMOs are a huge commitment to me. Also, those monthly fees? NOPE. I’m thinking I should get a cheaper console first then get a PS4 later in the year. I don’t know.
- Wii U: Nintendo games are always fun… but outside of Zelda and Metroid games that is all that they are. A lot of fun. Little else. Still, they always have the best multiplayer games. I played Hyrule Warriors and that one was difficult to part with. The same goes for Mario Kart 8. I haven’t heard anything about recent Mario Party games, but I never get tired of those. I can see Mark and me having a shitload of fun times with those, especially now that he has left BAM. These are things I should definitely consider. I should also consider that new Zelda and Starfox games are coming out soon. So, a Wii U is not even optional anymore, is it? LOL. I refuse to be late when it comes to this new Zelda game. REFUSE.
- New Nintendo 3DS x2: For $400 Mark and I can get two of the new Nintendo 3Ds consoles. That would provide us with a console that is both strong in the single and multiplayer department. Additionally, I did trade in my 3DS for Dragon Age: Inquisition a while ago (no regrets), and it’s about time to replace it. I have no handheld consoles right now. I also have my 3DS XL games still… so it’s kind of lame that I have no means of playing them outside of Mark’s 3DS. Then there’s Majora’s Mask. Then there’s Xenoblade Chronicles. Then there’s Alpha Sapphire. A lot of games to play without even mentioning all of the items in their shop.
- Final Decision: None. I’m about to kick myself in the ass because in a matter of months I’ll have the funds to get one of these things, and yet I have no idea which one because I’m so indecisive. But it is better to dwell on it for weeks instead of buying a console (or consoles) that I will regret purchasing. Not regret as in a “this console sucks” way. It is more of a timing issue. If I have to wait another year or so to get another one then I should really choose a console that will have the most to offer. Either way, poor XBox 360. It’s likely going to end up in the living room, collecting dust with my Wii. LOL
- Added three new books to my pile: “One Hundred Years of Solitude”, “Never Let me Go”, and “Murder on the Orient Express.” When I talk to other bookworms they’re always shocked that I haven’t read those books yet, so I’m going to start. Eventually :I. BTW, it’s time for another bookshelf. Looking forward to it. I’m going to organize the shit out of this apartment just in time for the whole Spring cleaning thing.
I’m going to end this with two of my favorite things: bibimbap and Link in a shirt. :OOOOOO
Counterclockwise: bibimbap (this is the cold version compared to the hot pot version–or dolsot bibimbap, I believe), rice, kimchi, that red bottle is the sweet/spicy sauce you add to the dish, then miso soup, and then some vitamin water. All for around$7-8. If you’re not eating at Assi every once in a while then you are missing out. They always have great, authentic Asian meals with a lot of items to enjoy for half of what you would pay at other restaurants. If Assi is in your area you should give ’em a try. 🙂
We never put clothes on Link, but when we saw this shirt at the thrift store for $2 we thought about how cute it would look on Link and we were right. It’s the cutest thing ever. The only downside is that he gets so angry about it that he’ll keep randomly biting us until we remove it. XDD
Posted by Kato on March 29, 2015
Guys, there is actually a playable demo coming on March 2015! With the Type-0 game!
…Almost cried. Almost.
Posted by Kato on September 18, 2014
FINAL FANTASY XV
KINGDOM HEARTS 3
I’M GONNA BREAK MY CAPSLOCK TONIGHT~
Posted by Kato on June 10, 2013