Trying to reorganize my blog entries again. Bear with me.
✪ Personal Life ✪
- Whenever I get sick I sometimes remember that the purpose of the “bug” is to kill me, not to inconvenience me, and it brings home that death is always right around the corner. Also, I am fun at parties.
- I kind of want to give myself a high five right now because I had this long list of shit I wanted to clean and organize (as I try to do every change of season), and I tackled it today. While I am still semi-sick. But at the same time I kind of want to kick myself in the face because when I’m healthy I never do shit, yet when I’m sick I suddenly find a bunch of energy and invest 4-5 hours into chores. I am too backwards for my own good. D:
- Halloween is almost here~ That’s the day that I dump a bunch of candy into my pumpkin bowl, turn off all the lights so trick-or-treaters won’t ask me for any, and watch scary movies until I pass out. It’s gonna be NICE. Hopefully. But I never know.
- 99% of the time when I refer to someone as “my baby” or “my boo” IRL I am talking about either Link or Levi(athan). The cat and the car respectively.
✪ Art & Writing ✪
- Titles are a headache. I know that “Mythos” is not good enough anymore, yet nothing else seems to be good enough either. Mark suggested having a name for the series (ex: GRRM’s “A Song of Fire and Ice”) and then naming each book based individually (ex: “A Game of Thrones”, “A Feast for Crows”, “A Storm of Swords”, etc.). That’s not a bad idea. In fact, his advice led me to a series name (“The Millennium Sorceress”). The issue though is that I am not even set on the idea of books. I’ll bring that to the next bullet.
- The more I work on “Mythos” (let’s just stick with the usual title until I am set on “TMS” or anything else), the more it feels like an RPG. And it makes sense. I began this project because I was inspired by RPGs like Final Fantasy and Chrono Cross. I like the whole travelling around the world, meeting party members, and telling stories through dialog and battles. Actually, I’m waiting for RPG Maker VX Ace to go back on sale again so I can start working with it. It’s about $60 on Steam right now, but it was $15 once. So I’ll wait. Until then I’ll try “Mythos” as an RPG instead. Let’s see if that helps this horrible writer’s block I am dealing with.
- Nanowrimo is around the corner, but I don’t think I will participate this year. My creative juices are flowing more towards the technical side (drawing, creating maps, making skill trees, etc.) than the writing side. I really am a shit writer. I can’t explain things as beautifully and poetically as the writers I admire. *pouts* Oh well…
- Drawing comics about the things that are bothering me can be really therapeutic. Oddly enough, it is not revisiting unpleasant things and making them comical that makes me feel relaxed. It is more the freedom to be meticulous. Whipping that ruler out, drawing perfect lines, being uber-cautious with inking–that is the part that makes me feel…in control. I just like the feeling of taking something as chaotic as something I cannot avoid, like misfortune, and making it all neat. Manageable, even. It’s comforting.
✪ Anime & Manga ✪
I tried out the Funimation and Crunchyroll apps for two weeks, and I managed to catch up on a bunch of animes.
- Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-Kun – I really love this anime. It’s lighthearted. It’s funny. The main character is really easy to relate to while the supporting characters remind me of so many people I know. It’s just a feel-good anime that I can see myself rewatching the moment the series is done. Also, that ending song. It’s so cute and it’s stuck in my head. D:
- Gintama – I will get the Crunchyroll app just to finish this anime. Seriously. Within the first minute or so I was dying of laughter.
- Tonari no Seki-kun – Another funny anime. Seki reminds me so much of Mark. He just has an endless supply of tiny toys that he does distracting stuff with. Seriously, we have been living in this apartment for a while and I am still discovering random toys in random places doing random things, and whenever I ask him to explain it he has some elaborate story for why they are there. So, it’s no surprise that he loved the hell out of this anime. It is a pretty cute anime. I just wish it was longer. 😦
- Naruto Shippuden – Dude, I have not watched this anime in years. I came back to it to see what happened and found out Team 7/Team Kakashi is back together. What the fuck? Wasn’t Sasuke evil? Yeah… hella behind. I found out that Naruto is coming to an end really soon too, so that’s kind of bittersweet. I know Naruto gets shit on a lot (as anything remotely popular does), but…that’s fucking Naruto man. It’s going to be sad to see it go. I never got into One Piece, but I might start checking that anime out so I’m not without a staple shounen series to fall back on. Well…I have Toriko. That counts as shounen, right? Sometimes I forget because Toriko is an adult who is very, extremely manly. But so is Goku and DBZ is shonen anime/manga legend. It’s all good.
- Dramatical Murder – Eh… Compared to the game it was very tame. I like the music though. I never skipped the opening and closing because I liked the songs a lot. The animation was also nice. I didn’t get to see much of my bb Mink, but it was still OK.
- Sword Art Online II – Didn’t like it as much as I liked the first. Mark was really into it though.
- Akame ga Kill! – Started off interesting. Got bored around episode 3 or 4. I might try again another time.
- High School DxD – …What the fuck did I watch…? Pretty sure it was hentai.
- The Idol Master – a.k.a. the anime based on the game that made Kentaro Miura stop working on Berserk. LOL. I saw the first episode, and it seemed adorable. I would not mind seeing how the rest goes.
Speaking of Berserk, that manga update. YES. I have been waiting for someone to slap the shit out of Griffith ever since the Eclipse, and I am so glad it was Rickert. That blatant disrespect at the graveyard of swords too was just… Yeah. He needed the taste slapped out of his mouth. Well, I think he deserves much more than that–MUCH MUCH MORE–but to get pimp slapped at his own tea party by a kid in front of all of his friends was pretty nice. 10/10. Not okay with that ‘Til’ Next Time’ though.
✪ Video Games ✪
- I doomed my FFVII replay by going to that fucking Northern Cave. Now that I completed the game I just have no motivation to do anything else. It kind of sucks. There are still weapons to beat and special items to get, but I have this sense of closure from completing the game. Maybe I’ll play tomorrow or something. IDK.
- Alien: Isolation was amazing. Please don’t listen to IGN’s review. The person who reviewed it was bitter about constantly dying and tried to blame the game for it. The thing is… he started the game on hard mode. Of course you will die a lot if you choose to play a game in hard mode. What were you expecting? Additionally, he mentioned his tactic of hiding in the vents to avoid confronting a xenomorph, but xenomorphs travel through the vents. That’s like trying to avoid getting hit by a car by standing in the middle of the street. I’m sorry, but it irks the hell out of me when companies give poor reviews to games because they suck at it. A lot of people who worked hard to make a superior game can lose money and their jobs because of shit reviews like that. It’s just really irresponsible journalism. No one should never blame the quality of a product on their inability to handle it. I hate seeing reviews like that on sites like Amazon (“This product clearly says to do this but I’m going to do the opposite and bitch about it online.”), and I especially hate seeing reviews like that when it comes to games. /rant
- My gaming life is still being consumed by Borderlands 2. This weekend was free gold weekend, so I took the opportunity to input a fuckton of shift codes. I have 100+ keys, new skins, new heads. It’s really nice. Lately, I’ve been grinding/farming with Maya in hopes of catching her up to Gaige, and I’m getting kind of close. Maya is level 13. Gaige is level 19. I just have to take my time around Tundra Express, and hope that I don’t run into any badass anythings. If I stick with the varkids and a few basic bandits I can level up pretty fast. It’s not a big deal though. Gaige is still my main character. I’m just curious about Maya’s phaselocking potential. 😛
- Don’t talk to me about Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash Bros Wii U or Bayonetta 2 because I don’t have a Wii U and I don’t know when I’ll get one tbh (Yes, I know SSB is on the 3DS but I can’t afford that one either).
- I played the Theatrhythm: Curtain Call demo, and it was so fun! I really want to play the full version. 200 Final Fantasy songs? Are you kidding me? I need that right now. ;_;
- LET’S TALK ABOUT DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION THO.
- Praying to the video game gods rn so I save up $400 and get a PlayStation 4. I don’t want to imagine my life without Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy Type-0, The Witcher 3, Kingdom Hearts 3. What else am I missing? A bunch of games, I am sure. PLUS all the PSX classics. Just thinking about playing Xenogears in the immediate future makes me want to dance around. *sigh* Just gotta work hard. Keep tackling bills, taking care of home, and saving. I’ll get there soon enough.
✪ Books ✪
Nothing to really add here. I haven’t ventured beyond the same books I piled at my bedside last time. I’ve just been caught up in other hobbies. I am really looking forward to The World of Ice and Fire though. Like, REALLY looking forward to it. I’ve been annoying Mark with my excitement for it. Whoops. LOL. The same goes for the Chrono Cross Ultimania. I have my eyes on that too. It’s been out forever, but I’m deciding now to say “fuck it” and add it to my collection. Soon.
✪ Music ✪
- Is it safe to say that the Super Smash Bros. soundtracks are like the Lollapaloozas for game composers? Seriously, Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, Yoko Shimomura, Yasunori Mitsuda, Koji Kondo, Motoi Sakuraba, Keiichi Okabe, Mahito Yokota–LEGENDS. So, it’s safe to say that I am listening to a lot of SSB songs lately. The greatest thing is hearing my favorite composers revamp songs I have been listening to since I was a kid. I never get tired of it. I can hear 1,000 renditions of the Super Mario theme and still get an overwhelming urge to whip out my old school consoles.
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 OST. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN REMADE WITH MORE VIOLINS. If this is a sample of what Yoko Shimomura is going to do with Final Fantasy XV then I am hyped as fuck. There are so many game soundtracks that I need in my life right now. It’s not even funny anymore. -_-
✪ TV & Movies ✪
Man, I don’t even know where to start.
- South Park – The biggest premiere for me. Of course, SP is as funny and controversial as ever. The thing I am loving most, though, is the continuity. It’s neat that they’re carrying clues from episode to episode until the inevitable conclusion at the season finale. This is SP though. They might string the audience along just to come to an anticlimactic conclusion. Yeah, I can definitely see that happening. LOL
- The Legend of Korra – Hilarious as always until something destroys my soul.
- Grey’s Anatomy – …Why am I still watching this show? Seriously, Yang is gone. There is no point for me anymore.
- Sons of Anarchy – JAAAAX!!! *kicks table over* GEMMAAAA!!! *kicks over all of the chairs* CHARMING IN GENERAL!!!! *flying kick to the window*
- Gotham – Not a bad show at all. I hate that I keep missing episodes though. I would be so far behind in everything were it not for Hulu.
- American Horror Story – Never fails to creep me out. I love it.
- SNL – Can we just have an entire hour about the nightclubs that Stefon goes to?
- ANTM – Two words: beard weave. Please stop, Tyra. XDD
- Forever – Interesting.
- Agents of Shield – So far so good. If anything happens to Simmons and/or Fitz I am going to…do nothing. Just be really sad.
- The Flash – !!!
- Gracepoint– I LOVE THIS SHOW. Mark makes fun of me for taking it so seriously, but it is not a joke to me, and he knows there will be trouble if he changes the channel while Gracepoint in on. So much trouble.
- Total Divas – Never really sat down and watched this show until recently. It’s…eye-opening, I guess? I honestly don’t feel like I’m learning anything about the wrestlers because everything feels scripted. It’s nice to see more of Naomi though. She needs that Divas championship like yesterday. I adore AJ, yes, but Naomi is more athletic to me. I need her to own it at some point.
- Drunk History – I never get tired of this show. I think I watched a few episodes like three times already because they’re so funny and insightful. Watch it. Even if you’re like me and you rarely drink (or don’t drink at all) just watch it. It’s hilarious.
- WWE – Last but not least this trash (LOL). Okay, I’ll admit. I was marking the fuck out when The Rock showed up. And he was in Brooklyn?! Yeah, I was happy about that. I’m bummed about Roman Reigns STILL being gone though. Dean Ambrose is filling the void he left, but with John Cena being forced into the Dean and Seth feud it just makes everything kind of…ugh. I don’t hate John Cena. I’m just tired of him. Yes, we get it. Hustle, you can’t see me, never give up. Whatever. Then again, I know he is mainly there for the little kids who never get tired of him, and not so much the adult fans who want more interesting characters. That is where Dean comes in. He pretty much doesn’t give a shit and does whatever he wants, so I think that is why older fans adore him. Anyway, what’s next? Hell in the Cell? I’m rooting for Dean Ambrose to win. Still, I kind of want Brock Lesnar to show up and chew through the cell or something just to fuck everything up. That would be great.
I haven’t seen any new movies lately. I REALLY want to see Gone Girl.
✪ Whatever Else/Closing ✪
*phew* That was a lot!
Well, this week is going to be a long one for me. There is so much to get done. I only hope that with the spare time I find in between all of the annoying stuff that I can work on an RPG. If not “Mythos” then at least a brand new idea. I’d rather not start a new one though. Yeah…I have nothing else to add. Gonna tackle some crap and then start working on some stuff. I *might* upload some drawings soon too. At last, I have some sketches that I consider decent enough to share. So I will share them soon. Hopefully.
Take care, everyone. ♥